It’s summertime, and the living is easy. Everyone is feeling a bit more carefree; it’s the season of picnics, park strolls, and days by the pool. People are taking time off from work, going on vacation, and taking it easy as the temperatures heat up and the pace of life slows down a bit.
But though it can be tempting to let tasks slide and procrastinate things you need to get done, putting work off can ultimately backfire and make you feel anxious and overwhelmed. Even though you might be taking things a little bit more slowly this season, you can still stay on top of your tasks and use your time wisely. Read on for a few tips on how to be more productive during the summer months and stay on task and on schedule.
How to be more productive at work
When it’s nice outside, it’s hard to sit at a desk all day. You’re probably dreaming of sitting in a lounge chair by the pool, or relaxing with friends on a terrace. How can you keep your mind on your work and be productive when you’d rather be enjoying the summer?
- Take short breaks to recharge. When you find your mind wandering, it can be helpful to take a power nap — or at least a short break to rest your eyes — to regain your focus. Try taking a time-out during your workday with Mini Handy Pillow, an easy way to clear your head so you can power through the rest of your day.
- Go outside for a brief stroll. When you need a boost of sunshine and a change of scenery, head outside for a quick walk around the block to get your blood moving and give yourself a shot of energy.
- Eat a protein-packed snack. Cheese, nuts, or eggs are a great way to sustain yourself through the day so you can keep going without resorting to sugary sweets or caffeinated beverages that could leave you feeling jittery and wired.
How to be more productive at home
We’ve all been working from home more often this year, so everybody knows the feeling of getting sidetracked by all the little things around the house you might need to get done. Whether you’re pulled toward doing chores during work hours or just want to recline on the couch for a quick catnap, you can use these tips to help stay on task when you’re working at your home office.
- Put away your phone. When your mobile is always within reach, it can be tempting to grab it and start scrolling through social media rather than working. Give yourself a break from constant notifications with Digital Detox Phone Case, which lets you hide away your device — out of sight, off your mind.
- Create a designated space for working. Rather than working from the couch or your bed, find a place in your home that is specifically for working. Set up your computer, pens and paper, coffee cup, and other work items at your desk or a table. Find a comfortable chair that supports your back and won’t leave you sore and slumped so you’re more likely to stay focused on the task at hand.
- Set boundaries around your workday. When working at home, the lines between working hours and leisure time can get blurry. Make sure you separate your work life from your home life in order to maintain balance between “office hours” and your personal time. This way, you can dedicate more attention to your job while you’re on the clock and take the time to rest and recharge when you’re off duty.
Maintaining focus and staying on-task during the summer months can be tough, but with a few systems in place to help keep you motivated and draw clear boundaries between work and personal life, you can enjoy the summer season and still stay productive at work. Make sure to take advantage of your time off and enjoy each day to the fullest so you can devote your working hours to completing work projects guilt-free.
Want to feel good?
At Ostrichpillow we're all about Self-Care and wellbeing. Join our community and you'll receive special offers and inspiration fresh to your inbox.